We're joined by climate journalist Lyndal Rowlands to discuss New Corp's two-week admission that climate change exists. Then we dig into reality show The Activist, and the weird people behind it.
Toot toot! Get on the Drilled Bus!
Toot toot! Get on the Vaccine Bus!
- News Corp have said they’ll “champion net zero emissions” (for two weeks).
- This follows a senate inquiry into the Sky News Covid falsities that led to their channel being suspended from Youtube.
- News Corp is responsible for some of the worst climate misinfo in the world.
- The package will be led by Joe Hildebrand.
- But don’t worry, regular commentators like Andrew Bolt won’t be “muzzled”.
- Net zero isn’t the same as real zero.
- Greta Thunberg calls for real zero.
- Santos is just a friend to coffee shops.
Activism, but make it very dumb
- In reality show The Activist, Usher and Nick Jonas’s wife will judge contestants on how good they make solving the world’s problems sound.
- The show is produced in partnership with advocacy group Global Citizen, which was founded by Hugh Evans, the “Melbourne man with A-listers on speed dial”.
- Global Citizen specializes in running benefit concerts, to dubious effect.
- Australia is finally supporting the TRIPs waiver for COVID vaccines.
- The Gates foundation has long opposed any kind of weakening of intellectual property restrictions for vaccines.