We chat about drama in the Health Minister's group chat, stripping the NDIS and check in with the Covid vaccine situation.
- Massive protests this week against the continued indigenous deaths in custody, and continued inaction.
- Shoutout to AFLW Emma Kearney for taking a knee during the national anthem last week.
The government hate poor people…
- The government knew Robodebt was illegal, but kept it going… because it might have been confusing if they stopped?
- Stuart Robert giving himself NDIS god powers, causing drama in the group chat. Now Linda Reynolds is leaving the chat on read.
- Stuart Robert, who made his parent’s dummy directors of a company without their knowledge, and racked up $40,000 in internet bills and charged them to the tax payer. Linda Reynolds who called a victim of abuse a lying cow.
- A man with Autism was assigned a physiotherapist to assess his case.
- The architects of Robodebt are trying to do the same to the NDIS.
- As Dr Kathleen Flanagan puts it, “We will mine your pain and distress for data, and weaponise this data against you”.
- The Immigration minister has these God-powers — can allow or deny visas on a whim.
- Linda Reynolds says the medevac bill made her “almost physically ill”.
…but love rich people
- The government paid $1.4 billion to a private company to run offshore refugee processing.
- Refugee children are suffering from resignation syndrome.
- Andrew Laming has 35 Facebook pages.
- Huge companies have raked in $90 million from a slush fund that is designed to improve employment outcomes for Aboriginal people.
- Ol’ Scotty’s fucked it again.
- Vaccines aren’t getting to the clinics that need them, or those that have been told they would receive them.
- The Australian people used to own CSL, then Keating sold it off, and now we’re renting it back again.
- Shoutout to the workers at the McCormick food factory in Melbourne, who have been on strike, and fuckin won.