It's a good* news week!
- Anthony Albanese reassures the nation that no-one cares if he wins or not.
- Nurses in NSW are striking for better pay and safer conditions.
- The Omicron wave and the withdrawal of government supports has been brutal for health workers.
- The ICU nurse in the US who quit, and encouraged others to do the same.
- Environmental activists win high court case, stopping a new coal mine in the Bylong Valley.
- Victoria has decriminalized sex work!
- We won’t need to worry about inhaling burnt koala noses for too much longer.
- This follows deliberate action from the NSW government to block legislation to project koalas.
- The religious discrimination bill has been withdrawn.
- This follow’s Rebekah Sharkie’s successful amendment to the sex discrimination act that would have prevented the transphobia intended by the original bill.
- Transphobes have taken a sudden interest in “saving women’s sport”.
- Arizona has just passed the “Save Women’s Sports Act”, intended to do exactly the same thing.
- We’ve talked about the Olympics before.