Western Australia succeeds in succeeding, the Religious Discrimination bill is bad and aged care is in cri—.
- Western Australia is cut off from the nation, with their only rail link flooded out.
- As a result of this, WA is running out of water treatment chemicals.
- Mining magnate Gina Rinehart has advocated using nuclear bombs to mine iron ore.
- Mitch was on the Drum!
- The Federal government is still pushing their pet “Religious Discrimination” bill.
- The Labor party has said they’ll conditionally support it.
- Citipointe Christian College has made students sign an enrollment form confirming that they are not trans.
- Most Australians don’t even want this thing!
Aged care is in cri—
- PM Scott Morrison almost called the situation in aged care homes a crisis.
- The Aged Care minister went to the cricket instead of going to an inquiry on the situation.
- Aged care workers are going to be paid a one-time bonus of $800.
- Listen to a cool podcast called Not Good Enough talk about royal commissions.
- At the big press conference for losers, Scott Morrison was called a psycho.
- Everyone in Canberra hates each other. Malcolm Turnbull calling Mathias Cormann “weak and treacherous”. Post-leadership spill: “It is not over, fight continues, f*** (Morrison).”, Senior minister calling staffer Brittney Higgins “a lying cow”.
- Peter Van Onselen has been named in a bullying complaint at Channel 10.
- Barnaby Joyce’s fiance wrote an article headlined “Coward Cabinet Minister Who Leaked Texts Should Quit”. Later that afternoon texts were leaked showing Joyce calling Scott Morrison a hypocrite and a liar.
- Solidarity with Vanuatuan seasonal worker Sergio, who had wages stolen and organised a strike with fellow workers.
- The Antipoverty Center is running a fundraiser for their Abolish Work for the Dole campaign.
- Isaac’s cute little numbers game.