QLD and NSW are underwater, again. Knives are out for the prime minister. FU Pay is not good. The budget is discussed.
Floodcast (not that one)
- At Melbourne’s Flower and Garden show, see “Coming soon”, a garden built around the theme of climate change.
- The flooding in Queensland and NSW: It’s real bad.
- Lismore’s flood warning system didn’t work, because it was still damaged from the flooding three weeks ago.
- The NSW government has proposed cutting stamp duty for people leaving flood-effected areas.
Everybody hates Scott
- Liberal senator Concetta Fierravanti-Wells used her retirement speech to attack Scott Morrison and is not fit to be Prime Minister.
- In 2020 Fierravanti-Wells pushed conspiracy theories stating that the bushfires were created by eco-terrorist arsonists. Then voted against any kind of climate resilience measures.
- In 2007 she attended a Croatian neo-nazi event.
- And in 2014 asked Craig Kelly to attend that same event on her behalf.
- Scott Morrison has denied that in 2007 he claimed his preselection opponent was a “moslem”.
- Jim Malo: “being racist doesn’t preclude you from public life, in 2009 or now”.
- Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett is proud of his golliwog collection.
FU PAY Me
- Australia loves buy-now-pay-later services.
- Australian Venue Co let you buy for a parma with four easy payments.
- Payday loan lenders are also getting into the area.
- New buy now pay later service FUPay is letting you buy milk, petrol and rent and pay it off later.
- FUPay are also pitching themselves as a tool for employers to micromanage their employee’s money.
- FUPay’s headquarters are in the same building as Indue, the company that manages cashless welfare cards. A real nexus of evil.
- The government is giving $420 in additional tax offsets to lower income earners.
- If you do a winners and losers breakdown, lol that’s fake.
- The best form of welfare is a job, and the best type of rental support is buying a house.