We dig into the details of the recently released Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements. Then we chat about the LNP freaking out about ANZ virtue signalling, and the company that was paid millions to not clean trains.
Royal commissions all the way down
- Australia’s latest Royal Commission into the 2019-20 bushfire season has been released.
- Australia leases most of our aerial firefighting aircraft from overseas.
- This is just the most recent inquiry. Since the year 2000, there have been over 200 inquiries into disasters, mostly bushfires.
- During the 2019-20 bushfires, the conservative media and politicians spent a much of their time trying to falsely pin blame on arsonists.
- David Littleproud, Minister for Agriculture, Drought and Emergency Management, says the government will look into it.
ANZoinks, climate change is real
- Australian Bank ANZ (not the bank laundering money for alleged pedophiles) has released some weaksauce climate divestment policies.
- Ghoul of the week David Littleproud got mad, calling for a boycott of ANZ.
- Nationals leader Michael McCormack called the move “virtue signalling”.
- The National party position themselves as pro-farmer, but mostly value coal.
- Minister for Resources Kieth Pitt says the banks should paying attention to the banking royal commission instead of “playing eco-warrior”.
- Labour Shadow Minister for Resources Joel Fitzgibbon is talking from the same talking memos as the LNP.
Opposition party for the Liberals
- After an intra-party dust-up, Labor has caved to climate-change denier Joel Fitzgibbon.
- Labor MP Ged Kearney says “gas will be a transition fuel as necessary”.
- Labor Leader Anthony Albanese reckons the government should listen to the experts.
Not cleaning up
- An IBAC hearing has revealed that during the Covid lockdown, Transclean paid off V/Line executives to not clean trains.
- Tell the politicians responsible for the destruction of the Djab Wurrung trees what you think.
- Listen to interviews with Senator Lidia Thorpe on the Auspol Snackpod and 7am podcasts.
- Change your bloody bank.