Farm workers are now entitled to a minimum wage, some guy got smashed and crashed his car. Also some dudes went to Glasgow and talked about submarines or something.
Minimum wage news
- The Fair Work Commission has ruled that farm workers must be paid a minimum wage!
- This means that some workers are entitled to an 830% pay rise.
- Shoutout to the Australian Workers Union for bringing this complaint.
- Minister for Agriculture David Littleproud (who previously worked as an Agribusiness Banker) says he’s mostly worried about supermarket prices.
- Victorian Liberal MP Tim Smith got incredibly drunk and smashed his car into a house.
- Liberal party leader Mathew Guy asked his mate to not recontest the next election, but not to resign just yet.
- Behind the scenes, Tim Smith pushed against conversion therapy within the Liberal party.
- Federal Liberal party members are urging Tim Smith to stay in politics.
- He’s said now he won’t recontest the next election.
- Scott Morrison went to the COP26 conference and yelled at an empty room.
- His speech was full of bullshit.
- At the 2009 Paris Conference, rich countries pledge $100 billion to developing countries to help them build resilience to climate change. None has been given.
- Angus Taylor went there to push for carbon capture.
- Australia brought a Santos-sponsored display to the climate conference.
- Morrison likened climate change to Coronavirus, saying we’ll be saved by new technologies.
- Shame the government has massively cut funding for energy research.
- Labor is selling totes about it.
- They also want to give the government “the room” to arrive at a policy in his own time.
- Simon Kofe, a minister in Tuvalu highlighted the folly of the big nations, speaking half-submerged in water.
- Madagascar is paying the price for cheap flights and high emissions.