Heroes keep stopping coal trains, Scott Morrison has never told a lie and Australia wins at Climate Golf.
- Direct action works. Blockade Australia are repeatedly shutting down train lines from coal mines.
- Blockade Australia are planning a massive disruption in Sydney on June 27th.
- Every Time I Die — People Verses
- Scott Morrison says he has never told a lie in public.
- This follows him backtracking on some of his electric vehicles policies.
- We’re in a “post-reality-based community” world.
- Pauline Hanson’s campaign released a piece of political propaganda. Not gonna link to it.
Climate Change Performance
- Australia scored a big fat zero in Greenhouse Gas Per Capita in the The Climate Change Performance Index.
- Labor’s Chris Bowen framed this as “Australia’s biggest economic opportunity”.
- Ex-Wallabies captain David Pocock compared fossil fuel advertising to cigarette sponsorship.
- The AFLW league is heavily sponsored by BHP.
- The Government’s “Plan” for getting to Net Zero is extremely bad. For one thing it doesn’t even get to zero.
- It’s “slow, lazy and shockingly irresponsible”.
- Meanwhile, Tuvalu is investigating legal ways they can maintain their maritime territories if the island is submerged.
- Solidarity with staff from Better Read Than Dead are back on strike after management reneged on their promises for a new deal.
- Shoutout to the Toll workers who struck in seven warehouses for better pay. They won!
- On the 20th of November, the Campaign Against Racism and Fascism are counterprotesting the antivax nutjobs.