Governments are marking up the next IPCC report with track changes. Chistian Porter has a secret vault of cash and no-one wants to look inside.
- Activist Lauren McDonald calling a fossil fuel CEO a mass murderer to his face: Pretty cool!
- She was able to get onto the panel via the Stop Cambo campaign.
- Mia held up the Adani coal line for hours.
- Saudi Arabia has a goal to get to net zero by 2060.
- Bridget “Rorts” McKenzie says it’ll get ugly if Scott Morrison commits to net zero.
- Leaked documents from the next phase of the IPCC report show Australia trying to massage themselves out of the report.
Big bux Porter
- In an unprecedented move, the government has blocked a recommendation to investigate Christian Porter over his blind trust.
- Porter claims he doesn’t know who put money into the blind trust used to pay for his legal campaign against the ABC.
- By comparison, class action suits are highly regulated and transparent (PDF link).
- In mid-September Porter resigned from the ministry (he remains an MP).
- … which is lucky because now he won’t be investigated for breaching ministerial standards!
- Shoutout to Inner North Medical clinic — working to get vaccinations happening where people need them.
- Listen to Evie’s 3CR interview with Hana Assafiri from the Moroccan Soup Bar on their popup vaccination program.