FM radio hosts are sick of Morrison's shit. The reef is fine, guys, don't even worry about it. Gronks go wild across Australia.
Grilling the PM
- Scott Morrison went on KIIS FM and got grilled.
- He then doubled down.
- He finally apologised in the most petulant way possible.
- Horrifyingly, Barnaby Joyce and Matt Canavan have a podcast.
Paying for the pleasure of digging our own graves
- Australia is shoveling shit-tonnes of cash into fossil fuel companies.
- Sussan Ley is back from a whirlwind lobbying jaunt to convince the world to not list the Great Barrier Reef as in danger.
- The lobbying worked!
- The Government has been fighting against any suggestion the reef might be in trouble for years. Unesco tried to list it in 2014, and australia has been successfully fighting to pretend everything’s fine ever since.
- Brisbane has won the hosting rights for the 2032 Olympics.
- Japan’s Olympics have become an incredibly expensive boondoggle for the host nation.
- Australian Olympics Commission President John Coates told QLD Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk what to do in a very weird, condesending manner.
- He has has long presided over a culture of bullying.
Gronks gone wild
- People around Australia protested against lockdowns, vaccines, Q, whatever.
- The government has abandoned vulnerable people by continuing to lock down, while refusing to give support.
- When you’re the victim of a grift, it’s hard to admit it.
- To help people out of their belief systems, you need to “cool the mark”.
- The man didn’t punch the horse.
- Horses are weapons when used by the police.
- Emma Alberici just making things up in her head about Black Lives Matter marches.
- Get a vaccine! It’s annoying but you gotta do it. Here’s a website that can help. Our brains are not wired to understand very rare risks.
- Support the strike fund for workers at Better Read Than Dead.
- Listen to Evie’s interview with Dr Susie Allanson and Lizzie O’Shea on the fight for safe access to abortion.
- Chuck us some stars on iTunes.