The NSW Government almost got scammed out of half a billion dollars, and who knows what McKinsey are up to? At least we have a strong opposition to keep things in check.
Please stop making us do this
- Origin Energy is writing down a bunch of their fossil fuel assets.
- Origin Energy is Australia’s most polluting corporation, and Angus Taylor has worked hard to make sure they stay that way.
NSW Mask watch
- The NSW Government almost paid $430 million to a scammer, for 50 million N95 masks that didn’t exist.
- He also scammed investors out of $1.2 million dollars in oil and gas deals.
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has been involved with corrupt individuals for some time.
- She’s now dating her ICAC lawyer though, I’m sure he’ll keep her on the straight and narrow.
Grifting goes national
- The government has paid McKinsey $2.2 million for two months work, but won’t say what it was for.
- McKinsey was also paid $1.89 million for “strategic supply chain support services”.
- They were also paid $600,000 to tell the government to not do anything.
- Dave Chappelle’s friend didn’t know he couldn’t do that.
- Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction Angus Taylor, and his brother Charlie, both previously worked for McKinsey. Check out Episode 20 for more fun facts.
- Only 25% of the JobKeeper fund was passed on from companies to their workers.
- McKinsey says Australian governments need to “Build trust with citizens”.
At least we have a strong opposition
- The Labor party has agreed to keep the Liberal’s massive tax cuts.
- They’ve also dumped their plan for cancer care & dental coverage.
- Murdoch rag the Australian gave the policy changes a small thumbs-up.
- Labor leader Anthony Albanese has taken some very serious profile pictures.
- The tweets are bad.
- Workers at Better Read Than Dead have reached an agreement with management in historic industrial action.
- New Renters Union dropped in in Queensland! Join SEQUR, if you’re in the area.
- Citations Needed did a great episode on the Olympics and why they’re bad.
- Listen to Auspol Snackpod with Tom Tanuki on the lockdown protests.