We reflect on the sad news from the recent Melbourne Cup, talk about the Only Election News, and why maybe putting fascists on TV is bad.
The only election news
- In Victorian local government elections, the Greens and Socialists have swept into power.
- Yarra council is the first majority-Green council in Australia.
- Some council elections are also dominated by cooked units.
Big battery bonanza
- Victoria is going to build the biggest battery in the southern hemisphere.
- Other bigger batteries exist in the world.
Da Latin Zone
- Coal mine Adani have rebranded to “Bravus”.
- Detention centre operator Transfield Services renamed themselves to “Broadspectrum” after the founding family withdrew the name rights due to bad publicity.
- Oat milk company Oatly was bought by Trump-linked investment firm Blackstone.
- NRL team Cowboys faced backlash after they launched their new jerseys with “Bravus” branding.
- People in Goa are joining the protest against Adani.
- Former Trump senior advisor Steve Bannon called for a beheading, and was promptly banned from Twitter.
- In response to the banning, 4 Corners host Sarah Fergusun strenuously defended her decision to playform Bannon.
- Steve Bannon was formerly platformed on ABC’s 4 Corners program.
- It took a defence of the Christchurch massacre to end Milo Yiannopoulos’s career in Australia.
- Bannon doesn’t care if his points get through. The platform is the point.
- Friend of the show Jim Malo is ready for white journalists to shut the fuck up when it comes to “debating” those who think people of color should not exist.
- Annabell Crabb is party responsible for the laundering of Scott Morrison’s reputation.
Man of rubber
- Anthony Albanese wants to give the Government “space” to improve Jobseeker payments on their own.
- He’s willing to take a stand on a big issues though, like congratulating Joe Biden on winning the US election.
Thanks but no thanks
- Oh, we’ve got a new day! A day of thanks!
- Looks like a mirror of the pushes to Clap for Carers and to Bong Big Ben for Brexit.
- 2021: Cutting up a nurse Ooshie on TV.