We're joined by Zac of Auspol Snackpod to chat about Scott Morrison's weird tint job, horse races for the rich and how the government (again) loves mining more than mining companies.
- Scott Morrison was supposed to attend a national cabinet meeting, buts turns out he was at a fundraiser.
- He probably could have called in, or taken another plane.
- Kevin Rudd on visiting a strip club: “Oh no, this won’t do”.
- The Victorian government okayed 500 horse owners to attend the Cox Plate race event, while the rest of Victoria is completely locked down.
- The decision to allow the owners to attend was quickly reversed, though the race still ran.
- The AFL Grand Final is the people’s game.
- A public holiday was introduced in 2015.
- Horse racing billionaire Jonathan Munz is funding a high court challenge to Victorian’s lockdown laws.
- Tom Waterhouse admits his sports betting brand was “highly polarising”.
- Australia has the highest gambling losses per captia in the world.
- Many football teams are supported by gambling revenues.
Big beautiful mines
- The government loves mining more than mining companies.
- In good news, South Australia supplied 100% of it’s electricity with solar for an hour.
- Sun Cable is proposing the world’s largest solar power plant in the Northern Territory.
- The Queensland Resources Council (falsely) claims that their industry employs 20% of the Queensland population.
- The AFL has cut ties with Rio Tinto, after the company destroyed Juukan Gorge.
- Essendon player Joe Daniher has called on the AFL to cut ties with BHP and Rio Tinto.
- Yet you participate in society. Curious! I am very intelligent.
- The Wallabies refused to take a knee in support of black lives matter.