We discuss whether you should get fired for quoting Mean Girls, then chat with Holly from the Renters & Housing Union about how they are helping to protect renters during the pandemic.
- Yelling at Scott Morrison is good. As is throwing fake blood on his car.
- The Greens won big in the recent ACT elections.
- You can’t waste your vote in Australia.
- Julia Gillard campaigned on not advocating for a carbon tax, but was forced into one by the Greens.
- Jacinda Ardern’s New Zealand Labour Party won big in the New Zealand election. That’s good I guess?
She doesn’t even go here
- Quoting Mean Girls isn’t a crime, but the Labor party tried get someone fired over it.
- Labor party surrogates like Dee Madigan went in hard.
- Labor Shadow Environment Minister Terri Butler spent days on Twitter fighting about this.
- Amy McMahon’s response refused to fold and apologise.
- The Labor party responded by threatening to pull vote preferences from the Greens.
- It’s okay to delete your tweets.
- Labor Frontbencher and climate change denier Joel Fitzgibbon reckons the Green’s are his primary opposition.
- The Renters & Housing Union
- Inspired by the Industrial Workers of the World.
- Landlord accidentally helping organise a rent strike by cc-ing all of their tenants.
- RAHU was able to defend members against eviction and $10,000 in rental debt.
- If you pay more that 30% of your income in rent, you can ask for a reduction from your landlord.
- Resources to help negotiating a rent reduction.
- RAHU’s ten demands for pandemic renting relief.
- Check out the National Higher Education Action Network for tertiary education workers.