Lockdown horn has infected Australia's pundit class, Albo reckons mines are cool, and we run through the highlights of recent stupid money bullshit.
Bushfires for lease
- In Portland, unidentified federal agents are kidnapping people.
- Because of the response to Corona, less can be done in preparation for this year’s bushfire season.
- Australia doesn’t own its own serious bushfire fighting equipement, barring for a single 373 tanker plane.
- Anthony Albonese reckons that a coal mine that has been trying to get environmental approval should just go ahead, because they’ve been trying for 13 years.
- Insurance Australia Group, has said they won’t cover farmers who have fracking on their land.
- Lock the Gate is an alliance of farmers who want to stop fracking on their land.
- With gas prices crashing, fracking companies are leaving gas wells to leak instead of fixing them.
Stupid Money Bullshit
- Clive Palmer was charged with fraud by ASIC.
- The Auditor-General’s report on the water buybacks found that “did not use a value for money approach for procurement”.
- Australian War Memorial director Brendan Nelson wants to spend half a billion on self-care.
War crimes and coverups
- Australian soliders did them.
- This is the kind of reporting that the AFP raided the ABC offices and a News Corp’s journalist’s home last year to cover up.
- The AFP is also making unapproved usage of the Clearview AI facial recognition app.
Hot for Premier
- People are getting way too horny for Dan Andrews.
- Masks are mandatory in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire from Wednesday, along with new $200 fines.
- Victoria leads the country in fines, and loves to fine poor people.
- Melbourne law firm HWL Ebsworth was determined to keep working from the office, and not work from home “like lemmings”. They are now a Corona cluster.
- The Australian is still trying to pin the Corona outbreak on Black Lives Matter protests.
- Scott Morrison wants to live with the virus.
- The TikTok influencers who pushed the CovidSAFE app were paid $600 and thought they were being employed by the government.