We chat about Melbourne's return to city-wide lockdown and the ongoing police presence at the nine inner-city public housing blocks. Then we get personal, talking about our own paths to radical politics.
Lockdowns and masks
- Coronavirus safety information wasn’t translated into non-english languages for months after the outbreak.
- Victorian state government advice has changed to recommend the wearing of masks in situations where you can’t socially distance.
- Hours later Federal Health Minister released an information sheet saying “no”, you don’t need to wear a mask.
- The WHO released guidance a month ago recommending the use of masks.
- NSW Government is going to charge people $3000 to be quarantined in hotels. Commentator Peter Van Onsenlen this this is a good idea.
- The hard lockdown for 7 of the 9 public housing towers is “over”, though still with heavy police presence.
- App bad.
- The government has no intention to switch to the Google/Apple contact tracing API.
- Business consortium LetUsPlay is trying to get Zoomers to get on the app.