We chat about the latest round of government handouts to mates, then delve into a blistering rundown of Serco's crimes and coverups.
Money for mates
- Parliament is sitting out the pandemic.
- At least six of the “sports rorts” grants approved by Bridget McKenzie’s office didn’t even submit application forms until after they were granted.
- Phil Gaetjens, Secretary of the Department of the Prime Minister says it is “not a part of ministerial standards to establish if McKenzie acted lawfully.
- Gaetjens only talked to two people for his report into the sports rorts.
- Friend of the pod Angus Taylor awarded $4m to a company with no relevant experience for a power station, and then invited them to apply for the grant.
- The government has given a $10m sports coverage grant to Murdoch.
- Premier Dan Andrews says to respect healthcare workers, but Victorian health workers are still forced to re-apply to their job every 12 months.
- A Centerlink call center was shut down because of Covid cases, and 450 workers sent home without pay.
Serco: They’re bad
- Serco are responsible for providing security for the quarantine hotels linked to the recent outbreaks.
- In June and July of 2020, two indigenous people have died at WA private prisons run by Serco in WA.
- Indigenous people have also died in Serco custody in 2019, 2015, 2011 and 2010.
- In 2018 it was revealed that six female Serco guards were grooming and having sex with detainees.
- In 2017, two Serco guards suspended for a drug smuggling operation.
- Pre-2014, while running transportation for prisons, at least six people died under Serco care, two of who were listed as “natural causes”.
- While running offshore detention facilities, Serco staff have broken bones of of asylum seekers, then covered it up.
- Guards have also had sexual relationships with Christmas Island detainees.
- In 2012 it was revealed they had a training guide for detention center guards which detailed techniques for punches and kicks targeting pressure points.
- In 2011 the government fined Serco $15 million for failing it’s “duty of care” to asylum seekers. This was the maximum amount allowable under the government’s contract.
- Photos have been leaked of Australian soliders posing with a confederate flag.
- This follow the 2018 release of images of Australian soliders flying a Nazi flag.
- Listen to Auspol Snackpod
- Luke McGregor’s video explanation of Moderen Monetary Theory is good.
- Sign the petition to Raise the Age of criminal responsibility.
- Donate to Sisters Inside.