NSW is LITERALLY at war the with virus. We discuss the IPCC report and what to do about it.
- It’s WAR! NSW is LITERALLY at WAR with the virus.
- Berejiklian has said that the police will receive more power and resources than they “needs and want”.
Oh dear I left the gas on
- The 6th IPCC report into the effects of climate change has been released.
- It’s saying mostly what we knew already, just more so.
- Deconstructed podcast on the IPCC report.
- Even the International Energy Agency say we must build no new fossil fuel energy.
- Scott Morrison has made no commitment to net zero emissions.
- Angus Tayor has made changes that allow fossil fuels to be funded by the renewable energy fund.
- And increased funding by using tricky methods that only apply to gas or coal.
- Taylor has also interfered in energy company board structures to keep Australian energy away from clean sources.
- Barnaby Joyce doesn’t know who’s going to come up with a plan for an energy transition.
- QLD Labor Environment Minister: “match the Palaszczuk Government’s investment in renewable energy, water quality and land restoration” (bad)
- WA Labor approved massive new gas projects.
- VIC Labor Environment Minister: “We need to act on climate change. Quickly and decisively.” (but gas drilling a okay)
- While… the ALP pledged to re-open Callide Power Station (which exploded)
- Oil execs posting their Ls.
- Lawyers posting their horrible Ls.
- The idea of a “carbon footprint” was created by the fossil industry to push blame away from themselves.
- 100 companies are responsible for 71% of emissions.
- Read Heated
- Listen to Drilled
- Follow Ketan Joshi
- Read Warmth by Daniel Sherrell.
- Change your bank and super. It’s really easy.
- Join your union. Push them to take action.
- Environmentalist Bill McKibben: “Don’t be an individual…”
- Call and write your MPs. The lower-level, the better.
- Donate or volunteer at green orgs. Tomorrow Movement, Friends of the Earth, 350, Stop Adani.
- Speak up, don’t pull punches.