We review urgent reviews, talk about jail time for traveling to Australia from India, and discuss Andrew Laming's ADHD.
Urgent review review
- The government has ordered an “urgent review” into the Australia Day council.
- The review is being conducted by Glenys Beauchamp, who you may remember for destroying her sports rorts notebooks.
India travel ban
- The situation in India is real bad.
- The government is instituting a policy of jail time or massive fines for people who travel from India.
- This may or may not be legal.
- Australia stripped Suhayra Aden of her Australian citizenship, leaving her a citizen of only New Zealand.
- When Covid first kicked off, people were quarantined off-shore on Christmas Island.
- Hotel quarantine continues to be not great. Workers keep on getting Covid.
- The Victorian government is proposing a dedicated quarantine facility. Peter Dutton doesn’t like it.
- In October 2020 the government’s own Covid Commission recommended a federal approach to quarantine.
- In an outrageous display of “diplomacy” China is sending vaccines to India.
- India is a net-exporter of vaccines.
- Bill Gates doesn’t think vaccine formulas should be shared with India. The Gates Foundation is heavily invested in medical technology.
- Australia is home to 700,000 people from India.
War, we’re going to war
- It’s WAR.
- Defence minister Peter Dutton says Australia should be ready for WAR with China.
- Home Affairs Michael Pezzullo reckons Europe learned the wrong lesson from the first World WAR.
- Defence Force chief Angus Campbell thinks WAR with China is a bad idea.
- War with China would be a bit-one sided.
- Liberal backbencher Andrew Laming says he has ADHD.
- Laming reckons the empathy training he was required to complete showed that he has too much empathy.
- On ABC Radio, Patricia Karvelas grilled Laming on his diagnosis and whether he is sorry for his actions.
- Laming does some 👁 stuff.