We talk about alleged war crimes, alleged lunch boxes, allegedly improper firing of CEOs and alleged plans fossil-fuel companys to pay nothing in resources taxes.
- Ben Roberts-Smith (alleged war criminal) allegedly buried some incriminating evidence in a lunchbox.
- It is also alleged that he kept a bunch of burner phones and sent intimidating letters to witnesses.
- Channel 7 are standing by Ben Roberts Smith, and paying for his defence fund.
- Christine Holgate, Former CEO of Australia Post, gave some watches to executives who landed a deal for the company.
- This was originally brought to light by was originally pushed by Kimberly Kitching the Labor Party, then finally by the government.
- Kimberly Jane Elizabeth Kitching wore “suffragette white” in solidarity with Holgate.
- Meanwhile, Australia Post was asking their staff to work for free and use their own vehicles.
- At the Senate inquiry into Holgate’s sacking, Holgate wore a $40k watch.
- She racked up $300k in personal expenses over a couple of months of work.
- Auspost Licensees sent Scott Morrison $5 notes to “pay back” the value of the watches.
- During Victoria’s early tower lockdown (see Episode 26), Holgate argued that Pauline Hanson should be able to send abusive propaganda into the towers.
- Australia is giving out natural resources away for free! Shell is projected to pay $0 in resources taxes.
- Shells profits “slumped” in 2020 to $4.8 billion.
- The Gorgon gas plant, which Shell and Chevron are using as a tax writeoff, doesn’t work.
- 4 Corners has been listening to the podcast, and decided to follow up on Angus Taylor pressuring the AEMO into a “gas led recovery”.
- The government paid $2.5m on the Boston Consulting Group to recommend the gas plan.
- The same group were in 2019 paid to recommend that Australia Post be broken up and sold off.
- If your bank or Superannuation invest in fossil fuels, dump em!
- The Renters and Housing Union are going national, baby!
- Make a category for climate change podcasts, Apple.
- Shoutout to the NDIS leaker. Listen to last week’s ep for more detail.