We chat about Scott Morrison's week of waterworks, proposals to ban Posting and the big Cabinet job swap.
War crime update
- Afgan villagers are being allowed to testify from Afghanistan in the Ben Roberts-Smith defamation case.
- Check out Episode 46 for detail on Roberts-Smith’s alleged war crimes.
- Defamation laws didn’t protect the women who had their faces plastered over the front pages of newspapers and called “enemy of the state”.
Turning on the waterworks
- Scott Morrison turned on the waterworks.
- Begrudging shoutout to Ged Kearney for calling them crocodile tears.
- After questioning by a Sky News reporter, Scott Morrison lashed out, potentially outing a victim of sexual assault (turns out he maybe invented it, and made a groveling notes-app apology).
- Alleged upskirt-photographer Andrew Laming won’t contest the next election.
- ABC’s 7.30 Report empty-chair-interviewed Scott Morrison.
- Scott Morrison got bodied on A Current Affair.
- Dutton has taken a brave stand against video games.
- Disco Elysium was recently banned in Australia.
- Staffers doing things to desks because of Grand Theft Auto.
- Australia has a long and storied history of attempting to censor the internet.
- Conservatives are pushing for requiring 100 points of ID to create a social media account.
- On the committee proposing the ID requirements? Andrew Laming, who once spent 11 hours fighting on a Facebook Simpsons meme page, who has a long history of online harassment of women.
- Scott Morrison has reshuffled cabinet again.
- Anne Ruston is minister for Women’s Safety, despite declaring that the government doesn’t need a definition of poverty.
- Jane Hume, now the Minister for Women’s Economic Security loves brown coal.
- Liberal Party federal vice-president Teena McQueen says she would “kill to be sexually harassed at the moment”.
- Anthony Albanese: “Shuffling the deck won’t change the bad hand that the Morrison Government is dealing Australians.”
- Australian of the Year Grace Tame had a more coherent take.
- The Murdoch media didn’t like this.
- Speak out about shit that’s bad. Read more Wikipedia?
- If you’re able to, attend the protest against deaths in custody on Saturday the 10th.
- Play Disco Elysium, unless you’ve got a PS4.