The Yallourn power station is breaking down and everyone won't shut up about NFTs, so we chat talk about mining for coal and mining for cryptocurrencies.
- Mark McGowan has led Western Australia’s Labor party to a landslide victory.
- Liberal party leader Zak Kirkup used to have a business card calling himself “Future Prime Minister”.
- Labor are talking about keeping WA’s border restrictions going indefinitely.
- The Federal government has spent millions of dollars in consulting fees to work out how to give millions of dollars to the gas industry.
- The AEMO already does this!
Stop Yallourn, I can hear you already
- The Victorian Yallourn coal power station is scheduled to close in 2028, 4 years earlier than previously planned.
- Angus Taylor is big mad.
- The Hazelwood power plant closed with six months notice, and a murky fund to support workers.
NTFs? Not Fuckin Talking-about-them
- Bitcoin is bad, but Ketan Joshi’s article is good.
- NFTs are bad too. How bad? Really bad.
- I dunno about this very expensive art either.
- The real world art market sucks too.