In this blockbuster episode we discuss Gladys Berejiklian's creeping corruption, Virginia Trioli's Dr. Manhattan vibes and the death of the Dollarmite.
Black book club
- Former Finance Minister Matias Cormann is trying to get a job at the OECD.
Rules for thee, but not for me
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian had an affair with corrupt MP Daryl Maguire, facing no consequences.
- She gave $40,000 to Daryl Maguire’s electorate from her own discretionary fund.
- Berejiklian took a COVID test, but didn’t isolate for the 90 minutes she had to wait for the results.
- Evidence from reconstituted shredded documents shows that the NSW Liberals heavily pork-barrelled the last election.
- Virginia Trioli doesn’t vote.
- Real Dr. Manhattan vibes.
- Yes, her husband’s name is actually Skelton, not Skeleton. But he know’s what he’s doing. Also their child is a boy, not a girl. Whatever. Who cares. ALL POINTS STILL STAND.
Dollarmites are dead
- Dollarmites are dead. (in Victoria at least)
- They used to be cute aliens, now they’re terrifying CG children.
- There’s little evidence that in-school banking programs actually help children learn to save.
- Banks hate regulations, and are lobbying hard to roll back “responsible lending” laws.
- Afterpay and similar non-bank credit services are becoming increasingly popular.
- They claim they are “not a payments system”.
- Afterpay line go up..
- The Committee on Financial Technology and Regulatory Technology will be releasing it’s recommendations on the matter next year.
Smol gas beans
- The Narrabri gas project has been approved!
- That’s nice, they seem like such good customers of the local coffee van.
- The NSW government is looking to fast-track new mine approvals, including 850 new gas wells.
- The Minerals Council is just a smol business.