We're joined by James from No Turning Back to discuss the recent RAFFWU win vs McDonalds, native advertising and Extinction Rebellion's insistance that they are non-political.
- The RAFFWU has successfully sued McDonalds for toilet breaks.
- The SDA Union fought against marriage equality in Australia.
The cutest little native advertisement in town
- This might be the most remote coffee van in Australia
- This is part of a new push for native advertising in News Corp publications.
- This person does not exist
Not playing politics
- Extinction Rebellion UK on twitter: “Just to be clear, clear we are not a socialist movement…”
- School Strike 4 Climate on twitter (in an now-deleted tweet): “Just so we’re on the same page - SS4C does not support socialism, capitalism, or any political ideology”
- XR UK, spearheaded by writer and activist George Monbiot are pushing for a citizen’s assembly as a solution to climate change.
- Ketan Joshi on XR’s approached.
- XR UK blocked access to Murdoch paper printing presses.
- XR Australia dumped a pile of manure in front of News Corp offices.
- Sunrise Movement started in the US to fight climate change.
- US Democrat Dianne Feinstein told a young campaigner for the Green New Deal that “You didn’t vote for me”.
- In a recent Senate Election, Ed Markey handily defended his seat on the basis of his authorship of the Green New Deal bill.
- The Green New Deal introduction video.
- Joe Hockey thinks wind turbines are ugly.
- Hepburn Shire’s wind farms are community owned.
- Alex Morse was un-endorsed, then re-endorsed by the Sunrise movement, based on on a trumped-up spear campaign created by centrist Democrats.