Mitch and Lang do some yelling about gas. We praise Rachel Siewert for yelling. We yell about big rowdy protests, which are a form of yelling.
- Michael Sukkar was (Somyu)rek’d, but has faced no consequences.
- Scott Morrison hs denied any responsibility.
- Albonese went in hard?
Job agencies get paid
- Job Agencies have earned $500m from the government during the pandemic.
- Companies taking Jobkeeper are still happily paying out dividends to shareholders.
- The Coronavirus Jobkeeper payments have reduced poverty to rates that are lower than before the pandemic.
- Cutting the rate will push more people into poverty than before Covid.
- The ALP have agreed to pass the Government’s reductions to Jobkeeper, even if their amendments are rejected.
Gassing about Gas
- Angus Taylor is just mad for gas.
- The concept of a “carbon footprint” is personal responsibility propaganda created by BP.
- “Carbon dioxide: They call it pollution, we call it life.”
- Gas has the lowest jobs-to-investment ratio of any industry in Australia.
- Australia is the world’s largest exporter of gas.
- … but we pay 3 times what the US does for our gas at home.
- The Australian government is trying to get gas re-classified as a low emissions technology.
- … at least they’re not the NSW Minerals council who are pushing for 21 new coal mines?
- The Adani coal mine corporation has been legally harassing activists, applying to raid their homes, bankrupting Adrian Burragubba, a traditional owner, and working with the media to doxx others.
- Shout out to the protesters and traditional owners putting themselves on physically and legally the line for the climate fight.
- Send Rachel Siewert a nice note.
- Donate to the Wangan and Jagalingou Defence of Country Fund.