Guest host Noon of Auspol Snackpod joins us for a roundup of media news, an explanation of how clean energy could get us out of the recession and a stirring dive into Marxist theory.
News Corp are simps
- Bill Shorten declares that Scott Morrison is a simp
- A lot of government’s non-english Coronavirus safety information is gibberish.
- The Australian ran a front-page story claiming that a graph pulled from a random twitter user came from an anonymous government source. The Editor’s response is incoherent.
- Miranda Divine wants to you to take a drug for killing ringworms to cure coronavirus.
Clean energy: It’s good
- A report from business strategy consultants AlphaBeta shows that a push for transforming Australia’s energy grid could happen by 2035.
- Green manufacturing and energy could create 400,000 jobs and boost the economy by $50bn.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal ad shows a hopeful view of the future.
- Beyond Zero Emissions’ plans show policy suites for a green energy transition, including the creation of a million new jobs.
- Auspol Snackpod covered a bunch of options for clean energy transitions.
Just in: Labour creates value
- Under the new ownership of venture capital vultures Bain Capital, Virgin airlines will be firing 3000 people and cutting Tiger Air.
- Treasurer Josh Frydenberg refused to consider public ownership of the airline.
- Australian farms rely on exploited guest workers.
- To make up for missing labour, Australia will be shipping in people from Vanuatu to pick fruit in the coming harvest season.
- The Australian Navy is also using underpaid workers from the Philipines.
- Workers create value, even the governor of the reserve bank agrees.
- Check out Auspol Snackpod’s episode on MMT for more!
- Workers at a Mitre10 warehouse stuck for safer work environments, and won a slew of concessions within two hours.
Pulling up the ladder
- Education Minister Dan Tehan (who got his Uni education for free) wants to cut funding to uni students who are failing their classes.
- Former Treasurer Joe Hockey protested against a $250 university fee in 1987.
- Support the AUWU, if you’re able to.
- Listen to friend of the show Tom Tanuki’s podcast episode on Aussie QAnon.
- Listen to the 7AM podcast’s episode on the young Australians suing for climate action.
- Listen to Auspol Snackpod to hear more good takes from Noon!