We take a break from doom and gloom to highlight some recent wins. Then we chat with broadcaster and conspiracy researcher Cam Smith about the sovereign citizens and far-right cranks at a Bunnings near you.
- The coronavirus infection rate in Victoria was reduced by the Stage 3 restrictions from 1.75 to 1.16, preventing at least 18.5k infections.
- For a lot of people, the lockdown has improved mental health.
- Former Liberal MP Concetta Fierravanti-Wells has blasted Tony Abbot for his gutting of the aged care system.
- Under Bronwyn Bishop’s watch, people in aged care were bathed in kerosene.
- Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has refused to cooperate with investigations to into the Ruby Princess fiasco.
- The University of Melbourne is paying back millions in stolen wages.
- The workers in the Woolworths distribution center in Wyong have won a huge pay rise and additional safety procedures.
- The workers at a liquor distribution center in are striking for a safer work environment.
- The Spotless Laundry in Dandenong is being shut down after workers walked out over unsafe working conditions.
- The Australian Unemployed Worker’s Union is striking against “mutual obligations”.
- Read the AUWU’s strike demands and guidance here.
Cam Smith chats Qaren
- Bunnings Qaren doesn’t believe in masks.
- Follow Cam Smith on twitter.
- Listen to the Hypothetical Institute podcast.
- Check out the Gather Around Me podcast
- Hear Yeah Nah Pasaran! on 3CR
- Catch Cam spinning tunes on Gippsland FM