Australia's Unions post through it, it's very very hot, and Hillsong have a big party.
Posting through it
- Union leader Sally McManus says that Unions are not launching a pay rise blitz.
- Cool hashtag: #WTFWoolies.
- Meatworks workers are having to wear hairnets to show their covid status.
- Australia may have hit it’s hottest day ever — some places hitting above 50 degree. Time to have fun in the sun!
- Maybe try wearing bathers and a raincoat?
- Part of the area that hit 50 degrees was Roebourne Regional Prison, which has no air conditioning.
- Last year it hit 48 degrees.
- The area where these temperatures are so hot? A massive area for off-shore fossil fuel extraction.
- Meanwhile, the government is sending counterterrorism police to raid climate activists for taking photos of someone else writing chalk messages on a bridge.
- Hillsong held a massive festival under the guise of a religious event, while other festivals and venues close are forced to close without government support.
- Plus attendees were doing shoeys of water, which is incredibly lame.
- Scott Morrison is a devout Pentecostal, an good friends with Hillsong leader Brian Houston.