We take on the Liberal Party's latest line attack on climate action as “uncosted”, then delve into dirty solidarity with Paul Parker, hero firefighter.
- Australia still on fire, but mostly just in Queensland now.
- Queensland has historically not been as bushfire prone, but now they have shocking large fires.
Climate Change Costings
- USA won’t leave the Paris Agreement until after next election. Turns out Trump winning is bad!
- Most Australian states are well on track to reduce emissions to zero by 2050.
- The Liberal Party’s new line on renewables is that they’re “uncosted climate policy”.
- Mike Cannon-Brooks, co-founder of Atlassian has challenged Scott Morrison on this. He’s already funding batteries and solar generators that are making money.
- You can view real-time emissions data from electricity generation at electricitymap.org.
- Paul Parker, the volunteer hero fire fighter is known for telling the Prime Minister “go and get fucked”, before collapsing from exhaustion
- Chris Uhlmann, 9 News Political Editor and bathroom pest, tried to throw Paul Parker under the bus by linking him to far-right politician Pauline Hason.
- Pauline Hanson, leader of One Nation (and convicted election fraudster) is good at speaking to the anger of the country, like other right wing populists.
- Dirty solidarity is about fighting for everyone, not placing the services people need behind barriers.